Other Important Privacy Information
Below you will find additional privacy information you may (or may not) find important. Much of this describes common practices that we want you to know about but don't think it's necessary to highlight in every one of our privacy statements. And some of this is just stating the obvious (for example, we will disclose information when the law requires it), but our lawyers make us say it anyway. Please keep in mind that this information is not a complete description of our practices - this is all in addition to the other, more specific information contained in the privacy statements.
Sharing or Disclosing Personal Information
In addition to any sharing described in the privacy statement for the product or service you are using, Duty Free Philippines (DFP) may share or disclose personal information:
• With other DFP controlled subsidiaries and affiliates.
• As part of a corporate transaction.
• With vendors or agents. Specifically, we may share it with companies we've hired to provide services on our behalf. When we share information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential.
We also may share or disclose personal information, including the content of your communications:
• To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
• To protect the rights or property of DFP or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services.
• To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of DFP employees, customers or the public.
Please note that our sites may include links to third-party sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of DFP. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by the privacy statements on those sites. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit.
Protecting the Security of Personal Information
DFP is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as user name or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share it. If you are sharing a computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Where Information is Stored and Processed
Personal information collected on DFP sites and services may be stored and processed in DFP Data Centers in Paranaque City, MM or any other location where DFP or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain IT facilities.
DFP may retain your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as long as necessary to provide services.
Changes to Our Privacy Statements
We will occasionally update our privacy statements to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to a statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how DFP will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review the privacy statements for the products and services you use to learn how DFP is protecting your information.
Enforcement of Our Privacy Statements
If you have questions regarding one of our privacy statements, you should first contact us by using our Web form. We will do our best to acknowledge or satisfactorily address your inquiry and resolve your concerns.
How to Contact Us
• If you have a technical or general support question, please visit our support page to learn more about DFP Support offerings.
• For general DFP privacy issues, please contact us by using our Web form.
Corporate Communications & Public Relations Department (to be replaced)
Duty Free Philippines (DFP)
Ninoy Aquino Avenue, Sto. Nino, Paranaque City, 1700
Tel +63 (2) 552-4337 or Dial 16-555